8 Benefits of Far Infrared Sauna:
Why Sauna? Why Not?
1) Weight Loss and Increased Metabolism. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, regular use of a sauna imparts a similar boost on the cardiovascular system to running. As you relax in the gentle infrared heat, your body is hard at work producing sweat, pumping blood and burning calories. As your body increases sweat production to cool itself, your heart works harder to pump blood at a greater rate to boost circulation. This increase in your metabolism will burn calories.
2) Improves Appearance of Cellulite. Cellulite refers to superficial pockets of trapped fat, which cause uneven dimpling or “orange peel” skin. It appears in 90% of post-adolescent women and is rarely seen in men. Common but not exclusive areas where cellulite is found are the buttocks, thighs, and the abdomen. Contrary to popular belief, cellulite is not related to obesity, and the appearance of cellulite is not always reduced by weight loss. Since the far infrared radiant heat of the sauna warms three times as deep as conventional saunas, it is significantly more effective at reducing cellulite. There is a direct link between the slowing of metabolic rates and the storage of toxins in fat cells. Sauna use and far infrared heat can increase heart rate and localized blood circulation, which essentially reverses the above-mentioned trends towards the accumulation of liquids in the fat cells to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
3) Muscle Pain Relief. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscle, so they recover faster. Muscles relax best when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion. Far Infrared heat relieves muscle tension and the deep heat of far infrared saunas help peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Infrared heat also reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms as muscle joints and fibers are heated.
4) Immune System Boost. The deep heating from the sauna infrared heaters will raise your core body temperature, inducing an artificial fever. How does this benefit the body? Fever is the body’s natural mechanism to strengthen and accelerate the immune response, as seen in the case of infection. This enhanced immune system, combined with improved elimination of toxins and wastes via intense sweating, increases your overall health and resistance to disease.
5) Detoxification. One of the biggest infrared sauna health benefits is its ability to increase your blood circulation and stimulate the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins in the body. Daily sauna sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of accumulated highly toxic metals (lead, mercury, nickel, and cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, and other organic and inorganic compounds.“It has been known for decades that sweating is a wonderful way to get rid of stored chemicals, including heavy metals. In fact, sauna is one of the detoxification procedures used in the Environmental Units in Dallas (Dr. William Rea) and North Charleston (Dr. Allan Lieberman) where the sickest of folks go to heal.” Dr. Sherry Rogers, Total Wellness, May 2000.
6) Ease Joint Pain and Stiffness. Time spent in an infrared sauna benefits patients suffering from many forms of arthritis. Radiant heat has also been effective in the treatment of sprains, neuralgia, bursitis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness and many other muscular-skeletal ailments. Much of the stiffness, aches and soreness that comes with aging is reduced or eliminated.
7) Stress and Fatigue Reduction. Just a few minutes in the gentle warmth of an infrared sauna will help you feel relaxed, rejuvenated and renewed. Many Sauna customers comment on how much they look forward to their sauna session, as it’s a great time to get away and release any built-up tension and stress. It’s like having a day spa in your home, open all the time for your convenience. Infrared Saunas have also been shown to affect the autonomic nervous system putting you in the parasympathetic (rest and digest) state allowing your body to heal.
8) Improves Skin. The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in your Clearlight Sauna carries off deeply embedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and immaculately clean. Increased circulation draws your skin’s own natural nutrients to the surface. You’ll see improved tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. In addition, open wounds heal more quickly, reducing scarring.
Check out the Groupon! : https://www.groupon.com/deals/healing-inspirations-center-4