Himalayan Salt Stone Massage & Salt Cave Benefits
Himalayan Salt Stone Massage™ is an innovative healing technique using warm salt crystal stones to ground and balance the body’s electromagnetic field, central nervous system and meridians. Salt crystals from an ancient primal sea beneath the Himalayan Mountains are hand-carved into massage stones that gently soothe away an accumulation of stress, tension and pollutants. And bring the mind, body and spirit, into balance.
Salt therapy has been the subject of a substantial amount of research, with impressive results. Salt therapy has been shown to…
- Improve lung capacity
- Decrease microbial contamination of the upper respiratory tract
- Inhibit respiratory allergies
- Cleanse and detoxify your body naturally
Here are just a few of the studies showing salt therapy’s remarkable health benefits:
- A 2006 study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that inhaling hypertonic saline improved lung function in people with cystic fibrosis.
- Also in 2006, a study of cigarette smokers, published in the European Respiratory Journal, found that inhaling aerosolized salt temporarily improved smoking-related symptoms such as coughing and mucus production.
- In one Hungarian study, more than 4,000 patients were treated with salt therapy over a 10-year period. The majority of the patients reported remarkable improvement and long-lasting benefits.
- 216 children with bronchial asthma were given treatment in salt mines with good results. The therapy noticeably diminished bronco-obstructive syndrome and improved pulmonary ventilation—and the improvements were stable in most patients.
- Another study focused on skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis in 112 children, with positive results
Sweat Therapy & Far-Infrared Sauna
Healing Inspirations Center has created customized therapy sessions to fit your needs. All include our Far-Infrared Sauna, our delicious Nutritional “Shots”, and Body Wrap. You can choose from Weight Management, Immunity, Achy Joints & Muscles, After Workout, and Anti-Aging. Additional benefits are:
Sweating is one of the body’s most natural ways to eliminate toxins, making it a crucial part of detoxification. When compared to traditional Swedish saunas, infrared saunas allow you to eliminate about seven times more toxins.
3. Pain Relief
If you suffer from muscle aches or joint pain, infrared saunas can relieve this form of inflammation by increasing circulation and relaxing your muscles.
4. Weight Loss
The heat generated by an infrared sauna will cause your core temperature to increase, which can also lead to an increased heart rate — the same increase in heart rate that you experience when exercising. When your body has to work harder to lower your core temperature or keep up with an increased heart rate, your body will burn more calories, resulting in weight loss. An article, titled Effect of Sweating, in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that a 30-minute infrared sauna session could burn roughly 600 calories.
5. Improved Circulation
As the heat from infrared saunas increases your core body temperature, your circulation will increase along with it. Consistent infrared sauna sessions, especially in the middle-infrared level, can stimulate blood flow, improve muscle recovery, and decrease pain and inflammation after intense exercise.
6. Skin Purification
Infrared sauna technology can help purify your skin by eliminating toxins from your pores and increasing circulation, resulting in clearer, softer, and healthier-looking skin.
Infrared sauna treatments may be available at different levels: near, middle, and far.
These different levels represent the different sizes in infrared wavelengths and refer to the intensity of the treatment. Most people find that:
- near-infrared levels are best for wound healing and increased immune function
- middle-infrared levels are ideal for increasing circulation and promoting muscle relaxation
- far-infrared levels are used primarily for detoxification purposes
Health Kinesiology & FES Testing
Health Kinesiology™(HK) is an original and specific brand of BioEnergetic Kinesiology, a relatively new discipline which uses muscle testing / monitoring to gather genuine energy information from the body, and employs a variety of bioenergetic balancing methods to help you alleviate stress and make significant life changes.
The basic principles of kinesiology come from Traditional Chinese Medicine / Acupuncture and Applied Kinesiology / Touch For Health. Dr. Scott expanded on those disciplines, basing his work on a solid, scientific understanding of the human electromagnetic energy system, psychology, and psychophysiology. HK™’s broad applications range from electromagnetic issues to psychological and spiritual ones, from allergy and detoxification to geobiology. It offers a unique session structure that is clearly defined enough to guide the newcomer and open-ended enough to include other therapeutic modalities.
Let’s compare HK to acupuncture. Like acupuncture, HK uses the meridian model of the human energy system. This energy system supplies life force to the individual. Any stress—nutritional, emotional, electromagnetic, etc.,—can impair the energy system, and precise rebalancing of the energy system can eliminate or diminish the effects of these stressors. Acupuncturists observe the energy system by monitoring subtle pulses in the wrists; the HK practitioner observes the energy system by monitoring subtle muscle responses. Unlike acupuncturists, HK practitioners only use light touch on specific acupoints or other energy reflexes to correct energy imbalances.