Halotherapy has been the subject of a substantial amount of research, with impressive results. Halotherapy has been shown to…
- Improve lung capacity
- Decrease microbial contamination of the upper respiratory tract
- Inhibit respiratory allergies
- Cleanse and detoxify your body naturally
Here are just a few of the studies showing halotherapy’s remarkable health benefits:
- A 2006 study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that inhaling hypertonic saline improved lung function in people with cystic fibrosis.
- Also in 2006, a study of cigarette smokers, published in the European Respiratory Journal, found that inhaling aerosolized salt temporarily improved smoking-related symptoms such as coughing and mucus production.
- In one Hungarian study, more than 4,000 patients were treated with halotherapy over a 10-year period. The majority of the patients reported remarkable improvement and long-lasting benefits.
- 216 children with bronchial asthma were given treatment in salt mines with good results. The therapy noticeably diminished bronco-obstructive syndrome and improved pulmonary ventilation—and the improvements were stable in most patients.
- Another study focused on skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis in 112 children, with positive results